Monday, May 16, 2011

Winding Down

Hello Friends!
The year is quickly coming to a close, and I am consumed with all the excitement! We need to complete assessments and benchmarking, finish up our MASSIVE Memory Books, practice for our end of the year show, and organize our Kindergarten Dinner. I LOVE the end of the year almost as much as I love the beginning :)


I am sure you've noticed a decrease in my posts. I just haven't had time. I am working on beginning of the year units, so I can post them during the summer. I also plan to finish the Poetry Journal posts throughout the summer. For now, I have a little game that I created that corresponds to Jolly Phonics to use during the beginning of the year. Even if you don't use Jolly, I am sure you will be able to use the first couple of sheets.



Jolly Phonics teaches a letter/sound everyday. The sounds are grouped into sets. To use the game sheets. Students use a paperclip and a paper fastener or a sharpened pencil for the spinner. The student spins the spinner and graphs what it lands on, as well as, make the corresponding sound for practice. It's a fun way to practice sounds!




Thanks so much for reading! 
Enjoy!

All documents contain fonts that are copyright DJ Inkers. Virtually all documents contain graphics that are copyright DJ Inkers. They are used with permission. Please visit http://www.djinkers.com/, for wonderful clipart and fonts.
Spin & Graph Jolly Phonics Set 1

Spin & Graph Jolly Phonics Set 2

Spin & Graph Jolly Phonics Set 3

Spin & Graph Jolly Phonics Set 4

Spin & Graph Jolly Phonics Set 5

Spin & Graph Jolly Phonics Set 6

Spin & Graph Jolly Phonics Set 7



7 comments:

  1. Thank you! These are awesome resources!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! These will be great for the beginning of the year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! These will be great for the beginning of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog so much I posted about you today! =)

    Jessica
    Under the Alphabet Tree

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shannon! I totally feel your pain on lack of time! I just finished my big pile of kindergarten scrapbooks a few minutes ago. YAY! They are ready to go home tomorrow as part of our Kindergarten Concert.
    I look forward to your summer posts. I have a list of fun things I have been inspired to make after looking at so many great blogs! Thanks again for sharing!! I love Jolly Phonics!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I hope everything is good for you. I really enjoyed reading your blog and using your ideas. I can't wait to read your next post.

    ReplyDelete