Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hoppin' Back in the Saddle

I am making an attempt to get back to what I love...blogging, sharing, and creating. I haven't been shy that things have been difficult for me, and while I have a very long road ahead of me, I have to get back to who I am. I truly appreciate all the kind words that have been expressed, I truly am grateful for the prayers that have been sent to Mr. Cooper and I. I assure you, he and I will be good in due time :0)

Coop is 6 months now. I can't believe how time flies! You mommies out there weren't kidding when you said time goes by so quickly. I am loving the time I am sharing with him! We've enjoyed long walks, days at the park, and I have LOVED making his baby food! Here is a little Coop-a-Loop fix...





So, lately I have had an extremely difficult time concentrating, so I don't have a ton of new things for you. I did work on some fabulous frog creations. I decided that it just made sense to start ending my year with a mini frog unit. Something fun for my little Kinder-Hoppers! I also purchased Frog Math and Literacy Centers from Katie Mense and Frog and Toad Common Core Literacy Stations from DeeDee Willis. As always, I hope you find something you can use in your classroom :0)

Oh...and one last plea....
Please show some love to the blogs you adore...I am 9 votes from winning!!! Voting ends on July 2, so Hop on over!

I would love, love, love for you to take a little of time and vote for the 2012 Fascination Awards. It doesn't seem that many people are voting. Throw some love to your favorite Kindergarten Blogs. To vote follow this link and scroll down to Kinder Teacher Blog, click on comments, and click on your favorite. You will need a Google account and then upgrade to Google Plus (this takes two shakes of a lambs tail).


Now for the Frog Goods...
Please leave me a comment if you download! 
Have a wonderful 4th of July!
Shannon


Literacy Goods
Toad-Ally Vowels Worksheet Hoppin' Opposites Hoppin' Opposites Emergent Reader Frog to Log Picture & Word Match Princess and Frog I Have Who Has Math GoodsLilypad Adding Cards Lilypad Adding Response Sheet Frolicking Frogs Place Value Memory Frolicking Frogs Place Value Worksheet Frog vs. Fly War Cards Frog vs. Fly Worksheet Hoppin' Down Worksheet Spin & Subtract Frogs

26 comments:

  1. Glad you are back! Thanks for the froggy goods! Glad you are having a nice summer with your son. I love summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the amazing freebies!! I am still lifting up prayers for you and Cooper.

    Heather (heathernnance@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, I have been on vacation and off the computer for 2 weeks. I checked your blog "just in case" and I was so excited to see you back. You are such a talented teacher and blogger. I will continue to keep you and Cooper in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all of the goodies! I'm glad to hear that things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! I especially love the place value memory! Thank you! Your little guy is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon, I am so happy you're back! I just teared up, watching the video of Cooper laughing. He is so darn sweet, it melts my heart. Thank you for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back!! Thank you so much for the adorable freebies! Coop is so cute!! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO good to hear from you!! Thanks for all the goodies. Try to enjoy your summer home with Coop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad to hear that things are starting to look up for you! I have a frog theme in my classroom too, so I can't wait to get these things printed out and ready for my new kinder friends. Thanks for everything you share!! Oh and thanks for the Cooper pictures, he is adorable!

    Kari :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your freebies! Cooper is adorable!!!

    Thanks so much!

    kidzkidzkidz8.2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just went back to the voting. Looks like you are currently tied. Keep voting!! Thanks for the freebies and Happy summer to you and Coop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome Back! I just voted for you. I hope you win. :)
    yvonnee

    ReplyDelete
  13. I start my year off with frogs so this is wonderful! I always look forward to your shares! Thank you so much!! :o)

    Cindy
    ccfirstteacher@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am one of your new followers... your blog is amazing!!! I just voted for you- I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad your back! Your little man is adorable!! Thanks for these great freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for the amazing freebies. You are definitely the most creative and generous blogger out there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad to see that you are back!! Cooper is a beautiful little angel!! Freebies are awesome, as usual, and very much appreciated! Have a great 4th of July!!
    Roni :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your little guy is just too cute! I'm giving you an award, swing by when you get a chance :)
    ☼Libby
    First Grade Dual

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the great freebies. I'm still praying for you and Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shannon,
    I am so glad that you are back to blogging. Your family has been in my thoughts!! Thank you for the awesome frog goodies :)

    Chelsey♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful creations as usual! I know that it was a difficult decision for you to start selling on TpT but it is important to remember to put your family firs... God knows your heart and he will truly bless you for all your generosity! Good luck Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I download the frog and log set. It was a great idea! Thanks. Praying your up coming school year will be a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Shannon,
    I've been teaching Kindergarten 24 years and as an older teacher I am amazed at the time and energy so many young teachers like yourself spend on blogs and other things outside the classroom. I still love teaching after all these years, but one piece of advise, as I look back over the years, don't let the classroom consume you...don't take your work home with you every night and weekends. You need time to breathe, time to just be "Shannon" not a teacher, mommy, or any other role, just you as a person, and a child of God. Don't let yourself get burned out by trying to do too much... Teaching is not a competition sport. Enjoy your students and the time you have with them and don't worry about votes for blogs or what other teachers are doing. Good luck with the new school year and enjoy the time with your little boy...it goes all too quickly! I look back at the time when my kids were little and I first started teaching...now my son is 30 and my daughter 27 and I'm enjoying being a grandmother! Life is short...take time to enjoy all the little things! I'm not sure what your personal struggles have been, but don't let it eat you up inside...ask God to help you forgive and move on. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for sharing! I can definitely use these in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for the frog goodies! My kids will love these activities. I enjoy doing a frog and toad unit.
    Tonia
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete